Here are just a few of the frequently asked questions in relation to both Servicing and LPG Conversions. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to discuss any questions you may have..
- 1. Where does LPG come from?
LPG can be obtained from several sources. Most commonly it is extracted from naturally occurring oil and/or gas fields and is produced in the petroleum refining process.
- 2. Should conversions be dual fuel or LP gas only?
We believe they should be dual fuel as most systems automatically start on petrol first and automatically switch over to LPG. The choice is ultimately yours. The latest engine management systems and unleaded petrol fuel injected engines lend themselves well to dual fuel operation giving similar engine performance whether driven in LPG mode or petrol mode.
- 3. When a vehicle is converted is much of the manufacturer's equipment altered?
No – LPG systems are designed to ‘piggy-back and complement existing systems’. A vehicle converted to operate on LPG must conform to strict Australian Standards and Australian Design Rules. This means LPG components must be fitted to complement the original equipment fitted to the vehicle. Manufacturers such as Ford, Holden and Mazda have available a range of vehicles factory fitted with dual fuel capabilities.
- 4. Can a reconditioned engine be converted satisfactorily?
A new or reconditioned engine should be "run in" on petrol for approximately 1,500km before it is converted to LPG operation. If the engine is to be used for LPG only operation, the reconditioning techniques can be adapted to suit an LPG "run in".
- 5. Can I wait while my car is serviced?
Of course, we have a fully air conditioned office with seating provided where our friendly staff will make you feel at home.
- 6. Do I need to return to the dealer for my log book servicing to retain the factory warranty?
No you do not, here at Fleet Tec Automotive we are a fully Certified Mechanical Workshop with highly trained technicians that can perform all log book servicing without affecting your factory warranty.
- 7. Do you provide any warranty on log book services and repairs?
All of our logbook services and repairs are covered by a 6 month/10000km warranty on all parts and labour.
- 8. Does LPG increase the amount of wear and tear to the engine internals?
No. In fact, an appreciable reduction in overall engine wear is the norm. This is particularly applicable during cold starting because LPG does not wash lubricating oil from the cylinder walls. Modern unleaded petrol engines are especially suitable for conversion to LPG.
- 9. How long does it take to fit LPG to a vehicle?
We can perform an LPG Conversion to almost any vehicle in just 2 working days, getting you back on the road quicker to enjoy the benefits of your new LPG system.
- 10. How much can I expect to save from converting my vehicle to LPG?
Currently with the state of petrol pricing in relation to LPG you can expect to save up to 50% each time you need to fill your vehicle. With this sort of saving it’s easy to see why so many people are opting to convert their vehicles to LPG!
- 11. Will converting to LP Gas alter my insurance or registration costs?
No. This is a further acknowledgment of the benefits of using LPG.